Writing this almost 6 years later isn’t the best idea, but I really wanted to consolidate all my travels. So wanted to start here.
Went on a 27 day trip to Greece with one of my best friends from middle school the summer of June 2012.
- Total: ~$3000 (can’t find all the expenses)
- Airfare: $1,286.30 (US Airways PHL to ATH)
- Athens: ~$50 a night?
- Crete: $404.18 for 7 nights for 2 people ($57.74 a night)
- Santorini: $151.14 for 3 nights for 2 people ($50.38 a night)
- Paros: ?
- Ferry ticket: ~$47 one way
- National Archaeology Museum
- Temple of Olympian Zeus
- Parthenon (worth)
- Agios Nikolaos
- Santorini (so beautiful)
- Lucky’s Souvlaki** must go
- Volcano climbing
- Red beach / black beach
- Golden beach
- Church with 100 doors
- Paradise Beach
- Museums are free to those under 18 – TAKE ADVANTAGE!
- Ferries can be rough – don’t eat dairy beforehand!
- Do not recommend the donkey rides
- Frozen water bottles for hot summer Greece days = clutch